The journey begins.

Chad wants to equate our pregnancy journey with Lord of the Rings. I am not sure that the stories will match up perfectly, but he's excited and I'm not going to discourage that. I guess we have left The Shire. I still don't know which of us has the ring. Is "the ring" the baby? That doesn't make sense. It gets way too confusing from there.

I will no longer be over sharing about the inner-workings of Chad's body. Don't relax just yet. Now I will give you way too much information about my own body! Yesterday I went to have an HSG scan. They inject the uterus with dye and do an x-ray. It was slightly uncomfortable, but incredibly fascinating. I laid on the table and watched my uterus and Fallopian tubes slowly show up on a television screen as the dye flowed into them. Bravo! This procedure ensures that everything looks good before we get any further. Side note: would the doctor be Gandalf? I think so. Gandalf said that everything looked good and we are all set to go on to the next step.

We meet with him next week to talk about what the next steps will be. We are so excited! I am daydreaming about the nursery and what we will do if we have twins. Sometimes I worry about money or what we would do aid it didn't work the first time. Then I remind myself that God is in control and His timing is perfect.

In the meantime, I sent away the genetic testing kit. The medical world has come so far with understanding genetics that you can spit in a test tube, send it away through Fedex, and know if you have, or are a carrier of a bunch of gene mutations that can end up being a disease in your children. We probably wouldn't have done this if Chad didn't have CF, but it will be a huge relief to find out that I am not a carrier. If I don't have the CF gene, chances are slim that the child/ children will (they can't test for all of the CF mutations.)

Keep us in your prayers. God is so good.


Comments

  1. I'm glad the HSG wasn't as painful for you as it was for me. Near the end I almost passed out, which the Dr says is next to impossible when already laying down! lol And the spit test- fun wasn't it? You wouldn't think spitting would be hard but that's a lot of spit and it sucks when you accidentally start bleeding when it's almost full, and have to dump it out and start over. haha But it was worth it in the end. i think it took about a week to get my results back (I can't really remember) but best wishes and may you blessed with your "Precious" soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment