Day 2

The doctor said we are good to get started! I started injections of Follistim and Menopur last night. The purpose of these medications is to mature more eggs than what would normally mature in a natural cycle so that the doctor can take out as many as possible and we can have a better chance at success! Also, this gives us a chance at having future children without having to go through all of the medications again. These two doses will be done at 6:00 every night until it is time to retrieve the eggs.

I have heard that many women are VERY emotional during this time. I mean, the meds are basically hormones on super drive. So far I haven't noticed any change, but I am guessing one dose is not enough to make me crazy yet. The good news is that the needles are small and relatively painless.

Chad is amazing. He wants to be home and helping me with every dose. He likes to get the syringes all set up. He would take the meds for me if he could. I am so blessed to have him as my husband.

God is working through this process, I know. He is teaching us to rely on Him. The money factor is very scary, but everything was pointing to starting this process now and everything fit right into place--the timing of my consult appointment before we got started was "coincidentally" for the exact day in my cycle that it needed to be for the doctor to do an ultrasound, Chad had a good sample when no one (including the doctor) thought he would, I have a little money saved up from bonuses at school, and my age is still good for a high success rate--we couldn't deny that now is the time, not to mention that we are both very anxious to start a family. But, we don't have the whole cost saved up and there are a lot of unknown factors, so I know I this is a lesson from God. We cannot rely on our own means and our own strengths. We must rely on Him. I am so thankful for all that He has given us already.

I'll keep you posted! Is that a pun? Discuss.



Comments