Cycle Day 13

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you."
Jeremiah 29:11-12

God is faithful! Chad and I sat in the pre-op/ recovery room yesterday before my procedure and I am ashamed to say that I was a little anxious. I had never had an IV. I never had a procedure that required an IV. Chad was a great comfort to me because he had been down this road many times. He made me feel like this was no big deal and everything was going to be fine.

After they put the IV in, while we were waiting for the doctor, we prayed. We had been praying all along, every day before, all about the procedures and the decisions we have to make, and the thought to pray came all of the sudden. After our prayer, I felt so much more at peace.

Our doctor gives the patient a choice if she wants to be awake to watch the procedure. At first I thought no way! But, after more thought I realized that I probably won't see anything like this again. So, I decided that I wanted to be awake. They assured me that I would be comfortable and that I could let the anesthesiologist, who referred to himself as "bartender," know if I was uncomfortable and he would give me some more "juice." They took me to the OR. They put me under for a few a little while when they were prepping and then I woke up during the procedure to see everyone in their scrubs. I am so glad that I did! I got to watch the screen and see the doctor take out the eggs. So weird and so cool.

Our doctor is awesome. He genuinely loves his job. He gets excited right there with you. He was dancing in the OR. He is just a really nice, down to earth guy. We were chatting while he was working.

Now, it is the morning after the procedure and I can say that I haven't taken any pain reliever since the anesthesia and I don't feel any pain to speak of. That in itself  is miraculous. The doctor prescribed hydro codeine in case I needed it, but I haven't even had to take a Tylenol. I am getting ready to go to work, praise God! This really is good news because the transfer will be next week and I will have to take a few days there--the day of and a couple of days after.

The biggest and most intimidating procedure is done. The worst of it is behind us. All of the needles are done, except the occasional bloodwork, and I can say it has gone a lot better than I or Chad had imagined. God is awesome!

I should receive an update today on how the embryos are doing. The doctor got 19 eggs and said that he expects 11-17 to fertilize. A very big decision is upon us. How many embryos to transfer, 1 or 2? I may not share what we decided until I am ready to share about our pregnancy. You will have to just wait!










Comments