Today is the day!

We are so excited! Even I kept waking up last night. Today we go into the clinic and they do the transfer! Eeeeeeeek! Even after all of this, I can't believe that we are here. The doctor called on Sunday to tell us that we wouldn't have to come in on day 3 for the transfer because we had enough embryos at a high enough quality that it's worth waiting. They of transfers on day 3 or day 5, but the higher success rate is on day 5.

I know the next week or two will feel like forever. They say they do the blood pregnancy test two weeks after retrieval, so that means it is less than two weeks now. I am praying and trying not to worry about the what ifs. I have read a few chat forums and blogs about some women who are going through or who have been through the same thing as me, but too much of that makes my mind start to wander into doubt. (A lot of these women have been through the process 2-3 times before getting pregnant.) The last thing that I want to do is doubt my God and His plan for me. Does that mean that it is going to go just the way I want it to? No, but I can say that it has gone better than I thought I could hope for. So, I will continue to trust Him because there really are no other options.

Please pray for us today and over the next week or two, over the next few months even. We are praying that the embryo implants and grows and is healthy. I can't keep a secret, especially if you are praying for us. We are only transferring one embryo. The doctor cautioned us about the much higher chance of premature birth and health problems for both the mom and the babies in a multiple birth. So, all of our hope is on this one embryo. We really do need a ton of prayers going up. Thank you for all of your support. I know your prayers are helping us.




Comments