News for the New Year!

We have waited and we have trusted in the Lord. Through this whole experience, God has been faithful. Our baby is due July 26, 2014!!

I am now 10 weeks and 5 days along. This whole pregnancy experience has been surreal. I don't feel like it's really happening and from what I hear this is normal. I have been very tired in the past few weeks, and nauseous from time to time, but not throwing up. I don't feel very pregnant. I'm watching closely for the arrival of a baby bump, but I think I have some more time to wait.

We are so thankful. God has used this experience to show His glory and his trustworthiness. I have to remind myself to rely on Him when I start to worry. Sometimes I read the chat forums, looking for women who have are having similar symptoms or whatever and there are so many mothers with so many different stories. Sometimes I feel like I want an ultrasound weekly, just to know that everything is okay. When I start to feel this way, I remind myself to rely on God. He has plans for me and for our family; everything is in His control. That is not to say that everything will always be good, but His plans are perfect.

We told the families over Christmas. Grandma George (Chad's Grandma) was reading her Christmas cards as usual and she came across this one:
Displaying photo 1.JPG

She read it out loud before she knew what it said. Everyone started crying and screaming! It was awesome. Chad picked out the little socks. Aren't they so cute? My family opened this card with their gifts and came to us separately with their congratulations and excitement.

We told our parents soon after we found out in November. We sent flowers to our moms announcing that they are going to be new grandmas (or a grandma of 2 in the case of my mom). They are so excited! They even bought some Christmas presents for Baby Southward: Some bath towels and washcloths, sleeping sack outfit, and a book, God Gave Us You (perfect!).

Milestones: I was able to go off of my hormones on Saturday! With IVF, the mother has to stay on hormones (progesterone and estrogen) until week 10 to supplement what happens in a woman's body naturally during a normal pregnancy. It's great to not have to worry about those anymore! I feel like a normal woman again. The next ultrasound is January 13. This will be a 12 week ultrasound and I have to say that I am very excited to cross this milestone--the end of the first trimester. The risk of miscarriage is greatly decreased and the nausea and fatigue is also supposed to subside. Plus, a baby bump is in the near future!

 Displaying photo 2.JPG

Cravings: chocolate--all kinds: dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, also fruit
Aversions: almost everything, but especially ham, avocados, and vegetables. It's getting much better. Even when it was really bad, I could still eat, I just didn't want any of it. Once I started eating, I would feel a lot better.

Daddy is so excited! And so are the grandpas. Here's a picture of the Christmas present I gave Chad and the one we gave Stuart.

Displaying photo 1.JPG

Thank you all for your prayers. It means a lot to us that we have your support and love. Love you guys!

Comments