It's Chad's first Father's Day!

I know it's been since January. I have failed you. But, I see many of you often and keep you updated that way. I guess this is more for me to look back and remember what this experience was like. It has been amazing. It has shown God's love and mercy. This whole pregnancy is miraculous and beautiful.

It is now week 34 and things are going fairly well. Overall, everything has been smooth sailing, but there have been a couple of moments. I did not pass my glucose screening and had to take the full 3 -hour test, which I passed. More recently, Thursday, in fact, I went in for a regular check-up and they told me that my blood pressure was high and my swelling was more than they would like to see. So, they have recommended light activity. I am thankful I wasn't put on bedrest. I think I would go insane! I already am getting a little stir-crazy trying to minimize my activity when there is so much to be done. I think the nesting phase is kicking in just now when I can't go nuts with it. How ironic!

Mom came over yesterday and helped out a TON! We put clothes and started organizing gifts. Whew! It was a lot and there is still more to do. It doesn't help that I also have all my Kindergarten supplies piled up in the living room and kitchen. Aaaaagggh! But, these are all good things. This means that we have just about everything that we need and it means that I will be spending Lincoln's first year at home with him. So, I am happy to do the organizing.

I am working on what may be my last load of pre-baby baby laundry. The clothes are so tiny and cute! We could not be more excited. I have 100 things I want to improve on in the house before the baby comes, but I am reminded that this is week 34 and the baby is not far from his arrival. I think I will have to let some of the the projects go and be happy that we have clean laundry and a crib. Next step, install car seat! So exciting!!





Comments