"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!" Psalm 150:6

As I sat down to write tonight, I couldn't figure out the best way to come back to this blog that has been sitting for so long. Then, I decided to just jump in. What a wonderful night it is, anyway! We found out today that we are having another boy! He is healthy, he is perfect! Chad and I are bursting! (I'm the only one who looks like it.) By the way, exclamation marks are my favorite!!

We were supposed to wait until Friday. Chad is at Duke and I was going to take the sealed envelope down to him. We were going to pick up a cupcake, go to dinner just the two of us, and find out there. At my ultrasound; however, Chad called and said "Can we just find out today?" so, I was convinced. Linc and I went out to get the cupcake (or two) at the best local cupcake shop--which may have been a deciding factor--and had them seal up the box. I could hardly stand the suspense. When we Chad and I opened the box on FaceTime, we couldn't believe it!! Another boy!

We laughed and laughed and wondered "What are we going to do?!" I know what we'll do, have so much fun with them! I love the idea of these two being brothers and running around together, sneaking up on Mama together, and best of all, being there for each other. Our life might be painted a little differently by the wonderful hands of God, but I am so thankful that He has given these brothers someone they can rely on through all of these ups and downs in life. 

"Praise Him for His mighty deeds; praise Him according to His excellent greatness!" Psalm 150:2

We could be worried, and honestly, in our weakest moments we are. But, God assures us not to be. We are not to be concerned about tomorrow. The enemy would have us believing that God will not be there for us and that we will be flapping with the wind in this world. I know that isn't true. Just because things look a certain way with our eyes, that doesn't mean anything. Besides, I know my God holds us in His hands, whatever may come.

I read this morning in 2 Kings 19:6 "Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard." This was in the context of the Rabshekah coming to King Hezekiah and his people and telling them to basically give up and surrender to him. King Hezekiah goes to the prophet Isaiah and these are the words that God tells him. We are told words everyday by the enemy, trying to wear us down and make us feel hopeless or depressed. God reminds us to hold on to Him. Stay fixed on Him, and he will deliver us. He is faithful and He is mighty!

What is the enemy telling you today? Remember God's words!





Comments