Don't be anxious about tomorrow

We never know what each day brings, not if you're healthy and not if you're sick. God has known every day since the beginning of time. He has known my days personally and Chad's too.

We headed down to Durham today to spend a few days with Chad. He told me this morning that it wasn't not a great day for him. That happens. We all have not good days, but for him that means shortness of breath and difficulty doing pretty much anything. He started feeling worse as the day progressed. Flash forward and we are sitting in the ER waiting on him to be admitted to the hospital. Thank goodness for smartphones and youtube.com that plays as many hotwheels videos as you could want!
 I don't understand why God doesn't step in and make this all better, but I know that He is good. I know that He is in control. Somewhere in all of this, there is a purpose. We are servants and He continues to hold on to us. 

Yes, I do sometimes think about the worst-case scenario, I know that's where the enemy works and I can't spend too much time there. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Why should I think more about that than anyone else? It's not a good place to be and I know my God is strong enough to make our story different. I also know that's He will never leave me or Chad, so whatever comes, we are taken care of.

So, we are still waiting. Immediately we are waiting on a hospital room. We are still waiting on the perfect lungs, and we are waiting on God to work a miracle in our lives . . . again. Most importantly,
we are staying positive and enjoying every moment we have.

Update: We have a room! It looks like we may have caught an infection early on, so that's good news. Treatment is antibiotics galore. Hopefully Chad will be breathing easier very soon.


Comments