This morning, I am thankful for Paw Patrol.

No, I am not letting Lincoln write the blog today. But, I bet if I did, he would have said something similar. Did you know that Paw Patrol is on at 6am? I bet many of you knew this already,  but we don't have cable at home and this was perfectly-timed today.

We woke up early this morning and Chad's blood pressure was high: 140/112. After talking to the transplant coordinator, they decided he would come into the ER. Uggh, the ER, again!? I started to take it personally. Just kidding. 

I am hoping that they can quickly get this under control and send him back home. Or, even better, that they call him while he's there for the transplant. He is fighting everyday and we cannot wait for things to improve for him. I know we aren't alone in this. It does feel good to know that we have so many out there praying for us who love Chad. We don't feel alone. 

After Stu and Chad left, I knew it was time to read and of course I got right into the Psalms. God directed me to Psalm 18 and it was so good to read. David calls on the Lord when he is in deep despair: 
"The cords of death encompassed me; 
the torrents of destruction assailed me;
the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me." Psalm 18:4-5

David sounds like he can relate to what we are going through and then some. But, what he writes next is very encouraging. He calls on the Lord and God shows up big time! 

"Then the earth reeled and rocked;
the foundations also of the mountains trembled 
and quaked, because he was angry. Smoke went up from his nostrils, 
and devouring fire from his mouth; glowing coals flamed forth from him. 
[ . . .]
The Lord also thundered in the heavens
and the Most High uttered his voice,
hailstones and coals of fire." Psalm 18: 7-13


This is a print available for purchase at society6.com 

God shows up in a mighty and powerful way! Fire, hailstones, shaking the earth! All for one he loves, David. How much more does he show up for us? When He sees us, He sees the perfect righteousness of His only Son, Jesus Christ. He would do anything for the good of Jesus, so He will do anything for our good. 

I can't wait to see how God shows up today for Chad. Not because of Chad's righteousness, but because he trusts Jesus and Jesus walked in perfect righteousness on this earth. Thank you, God that you accept Jesus's sacrifice in our place and that we can call on You in our time of need.

This blog is saturated with scripture and calling on the Lord. I know that I have some readers who may be in a different place with their faith. I can only share what I know to be true in my own experience. God has carried Chad and I, and our families, through many storms and He has blessed us beyond anything we could have expected. I have no doubt in His power or His love right now. 

This morning, Paw Patrol was a small blessing while EMT was here getting Chad ready for the hospital. Lincoln loves Paw Patrol and he woke up early in all the hustle and bustle. Another small blessing was God directing me to see His strength and power in Psalm 18. Regardless of what things look like with our eyes: death encompassing, destruction, distress--regardless of all of that, He reminds us that he is mighty and He is not subject to the limits of this earth. 

Please join us in praying today for strength and most of all for complete healing. We want Chad home and well, not back and forth to the hospital. Latest update is that blood pressure is still quite high 151/99 and they are going to do an x-ray. Thank you for all of your support, love, and prayers. We love y'all too!

Comments

Post a Comment