Unexpected blessings

My heart is overflowing with gratitude. I am feeling quite tender right now. It might be the raw story given by a mentor mom at MOPS today that came very close to home for me. I am tearing up now just thinking about her journey and the words she shared. She lost her husband this past spring to cancer and I knew parts of her story too well. I am so thankful for all that she had to say this morning and the reminder that God loves us so much and walks with us through everything.

Chad and our family are on the other side of this journey. We can see the light of healing and wellness shining. The last chest tube has been pulled out and we are well on the road to recovery! A dark cloud that has hung around for six months has now been lifted to show us life, hope, future. What an incredible gift!

We have also been blessed in many tangible ways. Loved ones and friends have poured out their blessings on us. We are so very grateful. I cannot express what it means to us and I struggle here. I know I've posted this before but right now I am feeling so humble. I want to do something in return for everyone who has done for us. I can't keep up with the thank you notes--or honestly, I become too overwhelmed to try--and I just hope that everyone knows how grateful we are. This whole journey would have been impossible with out all of the support, both financially and emotionally, that has been given to us.

What's hardest for me to humbly accept are the financial contributions. I think it's our culture, right? Everyone wants to appear like they have it all together and don't really need anything from others. Let me be honest with you, these contributions have helped us meet some very real, daily needs and we have been able to devote our energy to Chad's health instead of worrying about making ends meet. I cannot fully express what that means to us. Please know that you are in our hearts and we appreciate it very much.

I continue to struggle lately to get up and get going early in the morning, but God continues to show me mercy. Today, I get up with Linc at 6--he hasn't been sleeping great, getting up around 2 or 3 in the morning about 50% of the time (is this a sleep regression phase, or just the season we are in with inconsistency right now?)--and I have a few moments to read while he watches his current favorite: Blaze and the Monster Machines. As I'm reading, this passage jumps off the page from 1 Chronicles 29:12:

"Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all. In Your hand are power and might, and in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all."

Let me explain why this struck me this morning. I have been building a health and wellness business since January of 2015 and I have expected to be much further along than I am right now. I have had many ups and downs, but continue to listen for God's voice in all of it. What has become clear to me in these last few months is that my business has been where it needed to be at this particular time. What's even more awesome is that God has made provisions for us in the meantime. He continues to tell us to rest in Him. This doesn't mean to sit and be lazy, but to move, listen, and act when He calls me to.

It has been very important for me to be close to family and devote 100% of my time there during these last few weeks. I am so grateful that I am able to do this without worrying about asking off from a job. I have tried to think about what this would have been like if I was still teaching and I can't even imagine. I went through the last transplant with Chad while teaching, but throw a child into the mix and it becomes very complicated. Somehow, people do it and I know we would have to have made even bigger sacrifices. God has walked along this path with me, guiding me along the way. I love this quote to sum up what we've been walking through these last few months. Also, I love that it describes God walking with me into the future unknown, which I know will bring many blessings!


Comments

  1. May God continue to be close by your sides and provide His strength for all the good works that He has prepared for you to walk in!! Sending love and prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to be close by your sides and provide His strength for all the good works that He has prepared for you to walk in!! Sending love and prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment