Snapshot of the moment

I don't know about y'all--and maybe this is apparent from the outside--but I am one of those people who has a ton of good intentions, but very few of those things come to fruition. One of the areas in which I am at a huge deficit is the baby book department. I had every intention of putting down every milestone with scraps and pictures and descriptions. I maybe filled out three pages and now it sits in a box waiting for me to have a full day to devote to it for Lincoln. And then I haven't even bought one for Levi. I am slightly embarrassed, but it is one of those things that even as I am putting the book on my registry, I'm thinking, "Yeah, who's going to be putting this together?" I find some comfort in knowing that I have a bulging file in the back room filled with scraps and cards as well as a phone/ computer full of pictures ready to print and put in the book.

Because I am flying by the seat of my pants over here, on the roller coaster that is life, I thought I might pause here for a minute, at the beginning of 2018 and document this particular season. It is filled with so much love, tenderness, and joy that I feel like I will want to revisit this time and again in my memory.

I am sure that I don't have to tell you: I love being a mom. It is one of the roles that God has called me to and I am incredibly grateful. I remember at first realizing that I probably wouldn't have children and then wanting to have one so badly. I remember praying and waiting and praying and waiting and just kept pursuing motherhood, not knowing exactly how it would happen, but I knew that God was going to make me a mom. He has given more than I was bold enough to ask for. Thank you, God for these gifts, they are more amazing than I ever imagined.

Because I want to have somewhere to hang these memories, here's a little snapshot of what's going on for me in this season:

Sweet, delicate, sometimes soggy snuggles. Soft, squishy cheeks. Kisses that smell so sweet. Stinky kisses. Sour milk smell. Mysterious stains on clothes, everyone's clothes.  Rush, rush, rush. Hurry up, we're late. I'm late! Coffee, laundry, dishes, vacuum, coffee, repeat. Too many toys! I know I should be doing something . . . zzzzzz. "Hey, Momma! Hey, Daddy," "My love you, Momma" (I melt every time I heart this.) Eat, please!! Don't eat that! No, don't do that!! Why did you do that?! Constant companionship. Loneliness. My heart, so full it's going to burst.

I am grateful for every step we've had so far. All of the struggles, pain, tears, fears, surrender, grace, and mercy. Thank you, God for giving me peace and allowing me to let go, loosen my grip on the fear of the unknown. Wow, You showed up in the darkness, while You reminded me to cling to You and Your promises. You assured me that You were in control and that You loved us more than we could understand. All of my fear and worry and thinking about a devastating future was silenced. You wrapped your arms around me and shushed me like a child. My heart lightened and I was able to go forward without constant fear stalking my every thought.

So many people tell me that we have helped them in some way, given them strength. Thank you all for sharing that with us. We are thankful that God has given us this opportunity in our trials to strengthen others. Life is hard, we all have a different story. I pray that you are able to go forward with faith, relying on God for all that you need. Love y'all, goodnight!







Comments