More good news!

I like our doctor more and more every week! He called tonight, Sunday night, to tell us the results of the genetic test. He is so easy to talk to. I felt like I was talking on the phone to a friend, he was so casual. I am so glad we went with this guy.

So, the big news is . . . I do not carry a gene for Cystic Fibrosis! They can only test for a number of the mutations that cause CF, but we trust God and this news is really good. I do carry two mutations: the doctor said that one is extremely rare and not even worth taking about. From what I understand, the other mutation can cause problems if I take certain drugs to go under anesthesia. Certain drugs cause breathing paralysis when coming out of anesthesia. He suggests that Chad take the test also so that we will know if the child will have any issues. I will know more about this when we go in this week.

We'll be going in on Wednesday to learn about injection instructions. I am very nervous about this. I don't really have a fear of needles, but I have read about some women having a hard time. What I read is not important. Everyone's experience is different. A lot of the pressure will be on Chad because he is my nurse *wink*.

Anyway, every step is a step closer!

Comments

  1. Lauren & Chad, how exciting!! You know I will be there for you both every step of the way! A shoulder to cry, someone to talk to or to yell at, I'm your girl. You are still in my prayers every night. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment