Needles, needles everywhere . . .

Yesterday afternoon was spent in a sea of syringes and timelines. It all started becoming very real. 

Help me, Chad if I am confused. The nurse told me that as soon as my period starts, I am to call the office. They will do an ultrasound that day. If all of my follicles (the place where the egg grows) look like they are at ready to start growing eggs, then I will start two of the injectable medications (Follistim and Menopure) two days later. These medications mature more eggs than your body would normally mature. They are just loaded with hormones. Doesn't that sound fun? I get confused after that step (that's step 1 of like 15--I exaggerate). There are a lot of variables that will determine what the next step would be. But, right now we are just hoping that first ultrasound says that we are ready. We know it's God's timing, and that is perfect, so we will try to be patient.

This whole thing got very real yesterday. We turned in our consent packet and they are putting in an order for the meds. It is no longer something that we are just talking about doing, but it is really happening. I feel like I am at the top of a roller coaster hill: click, click, click.

The needles do not scare me. I was relieved that they are small. If you had a fear of needles going into this, you would be in some serious trouble. At least I think you would be over your fear by the time it was all over. I think the things that give me anxiety, which I will be praying about (if you could also, that would be great)--are making this whole thing work with my work schedule--since there are times when I would have to leave work at a moment's notice and there will be times when I will need a day or days off because of either retrieving the eggs or doing the embryo transfer, also not knowing the exact days things will take place because it all depends on the period.

Anyway, needless to say, we are excited and ready: click, click, click.

Comments