Cracked laptop? That won't stop me!!

I have been experiencing some technological issues. I wish I could take a picture of what I hooked up to bring this post to you this morning. Of course my phone has no more storage for photos, story of my life. But, picture--if you will--my laptop sitting at the dining room table, two and a half feet ahead is a big screen TV projecting my computer screen onto it. I am pleased as punch that I made this work!

Here's a close enough picture to what my laptop looks like right now:

photo thanks to www.quicklaptopcash.com/


Long story short, I was staying at the hospital the other night and charging my laptop under Chad's hospital bed. Some of you might already know where this is going. He was getting comfortable, I wasn't thinking, and he lowered the bed right onto my laptop! It was my fault for forgetting it was there. This cracked the monitor. Do you know, the first thought I had was "How am I going to update my blog!? People need updates!!" So, I hope that touches your heart that you were my first thought. I was thankful it wasn't worse than just the monitor. I am also thankful that my mom has experienced breaking a monitor several times and she knew just what to do. Sorry, Mom that I was thankful for that.

I've climbed these mountains and jumped through these hoops to keep you informed of what's happening with us and that's just what I'll do! Pat, Chad, Linc, pups, and I are down here in Durham. Chad is still in the hospital and will probably be there for another day or two. We don't know any more about what kind of infection or anything like that. His Lung Allocation Score does increase because he is in the hospital, so that gives us an even better chance of getting The Call.

We are anxious for this call. I try to put my thoughts to words about how I will feel when he gets called to say they have lungs for him. I just don't think I can know until we are experiencing it. Of course we have been through it before, but I don't think that makes it any more predictable or easy. Our relationship is deeper now, circumstances are different than they were, we have a family now, so many emotions.

I have been reading through the Old Testament and my bookmark is in 1 Chronicles, but for the past couple of days, I have been going to the Psalms. I feel like this is one of the books that I can feel God talking directly to me, assuring me that He is in control and has good planned for us. This morning I read Psalms 4-6, but what stood out to me is Psalm 6:9-10

"The Lord has heard my plea,
The Lord accepts my prayer.
All my enemies shall be ashamed and
greatly troubled;
they shall turn back and be put to
shame in a moment."

For a long time, whenever I read "my enemies" it never really registered to me because I don't have people who I would consider "enemies." Also, after knowing about God's love for all people, I couldn't understand why He would consider me above others. Then, I began to understand enemies as The Enemy--evil, sin, sickness, lies, negative thoughts, the list goes on. As I read "All my enemies shall be ashamed and greatly troubled" ultimately the psalmist is talking about evil, not flesh and blood. Ephesians 6:12 says:

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

When I read the scripture in this light, it makes more sense to me and also gives me strength and encouragement. All of these schemes of the devil will be ashamed and greatly troubled. They WILL turn back and be put to shame. How great is it that the Lord has heard my plea? I am just one person in this great big world and I have done nothing special. But, God hears me because of Jesus's sacrifice. Would God hear Jesus, His only son, calling to Him? Of course He would. So, He hears me because I have accepted Jesus's sacrifice for me.

I find peace in this. I know that whatever happens, whatever comes, God is for us. I don't have to be strong enough or do the "right things" to win His favor. That's done. He sees us, hears us, and knows us. Thank you, God! We continue to pray for complete healing for Chad. I know so many of you are praying with us. He hears us and He is working all things for Chad's good and our good. Thank you all so much for your prayers, support, and encouragement.

Comments