It's overwhelming

I'm overwhelmed by the goodness and the blessings that God has given us. You wanted to sink your teeth into a raw story about a new mom struggling to make it with a freshly-born baby and a toddler, didn't you? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Well--to be absolutely honest--there are moments of chaos here. You'd know that just walking in our front door and looking around. But, it has been so helpful to have Chad home. God's timing has been perfect! (As if that was in question, but sometimes we doubt anyway.) Chad is on the road to recovery and in that is the gift of him being here to help with Lincoln and Levi during the day. My recovery has also been going well. I am anxious to be back at 100% in everything, but I know that rest is important right now and it's not worth it to push it too soon.

Needless to say, we have been resting a lot. We have been spending a lot of snuggle time on the couch and countless hours watching Netflix and Hulu. (Now is my turn to be ashamed.) But, what else can you do when your hands are busy holding/ nursing a baby? We loved "The Great British Baking Show" (GBBS)--we've watched all three seasons that were available. Now we're on to a fun show called "Supersizers Go." This show is really good for history buffs and nerdy people like us. One of the hosts from GBBS goes around with another guy and relives different time periods in England--they live like them, dress like them, eat like them for a week. It's funny and it can be pretty gross. The things these people ate!

Two days later:
I had to put this post on hold and come back to it. That's how things go around here lately with everything. But, let me tell you . . . I love being a momma! These boys are so sweet. 💖 Lincoln loves his brother and wants to kiss and hold him often. He frequently talks about his brother "Leebi!"

I am the kind of person who thinks I can do it all. If my mind is set on doing something, I will find a way to make it happen, almost to a fault. I'm stubborn. I made the mistake of thinking I could go to the Arbonne conference in Vegas in April. I had to surrender that the other day. I had to realize that I was going headstrong forward and not considering how it affected my family. Everyone here was more than willing to step up and fill my shoes while I was gone, but reality sunk in and I could see that it was going to be very challenging back here. And Levi needs his momma in these very early weeks.

From here, I step into this role and trust that God will take care of my business. He will provide the opportunities and open the doors that He wants me to pursue. I know the work I have to do here and I know the rest will fall into place.

Here's a glimpse at what life is like here. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Comments