The morning everyone slept in!

I am here at 7am, everything is quiet as can be. What?! So, I got to spend some time reading and I even filed my nails. Wowzers. 

I try to come to you with updates about what's going on with us and share the encouragement that God has been showing to me. God is always walking alongside and encouraging us. Before I began my journey in the Christian faith, I pictured God like so many in our culture do: passing judgement, marking His list when I did something wrong, and looking at me saying "tsk, tsk." I genuinely turned toward God about 9 years ago. It has only been lately that I have seen how loving and attentive He is as our heavenly Father. As we have walked through some of the most challenging circumstances in our lives, I have felt His presence guiding me and encouraging me every step of the way. Not pointing out where I'm falling short, just reminding me that He is with me, He loves me more than I can understand, and He is in control. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, so these are truths about His nature. They were true 9 years ago, but I didn't understand it then. This is true about God when our situation doesn't look great and also when it does. 

At the time it seems like they are everything, our circumstances are like the wind--great one minute, devastating the next. As I have shared here before, I have--in the past--been overwhelmed with sadness for people going through hard times and for negative things that could happen in my family. And I have carried around a heavy heart for days. I know part of this is the post-partum period which causes a roller-coaster of emotions, but I also think God has gifted me with more compassion and empathy as a mother. All of this is said to point to His glory and perfect plan. He has shown me that whatever we are going through is temporary and He can restore whatever we are lacking. He can restore here on earth: physically and emotionally heal, provide for our needs, rebuild friendships. And, at the end of this earth, all things will be renewed. That's His promise to us. What that means for today is that we can trust Him with whatever we are going through.

The Southwards are in a good place. Chad is doing well. He has one more treatment of IV antibiotics--supposed to be done last week, but the snow got in the way. And he will check in with the doctors next week to see what's going on with his lung function. But, he's feeling good overall, so that's a blessing. My eye has healed after Levi scratched my cornea. Babies are vicious! Thank you so much to everyone who helped us out at that time. It was two days of darkness for me, but the family was taken care of. Chad and The Grandmas are amazing!

Where does your anxiety come from? A lot of us face worry and stress when we encounter circumstances that are out of our control. At these times, I find comfort remembering that He is completely sovereign. Currently I am struggling more with what I think is in my control, but not getting done. All of my roles not being done to the level at which I think they should be. But, God is working in my heart about this--walking beside me as a loving Father, urging me to act when I can and let go of what can't get done right now. I would like to encourage you, and myself, to quiet the voice that tells you all that you should be doing and listen to what God is saying to you. If you aren't walking in the Christian faith, I think this still applies. God is talking to you and calling you to Himself because you are His creation and He loves you. He wants to take all of the craziness of your life into His competent hands. 

School's out again today, so we are spending a little extra time lounging and cooking and taking our time. I hope you're able to see the blessings in the day for you. Love y'all!


Comments